10-31

Saturday, November 04, 2006

clickable post titles; a hack for this design

I was haggling here with the code to make the clickable post titles show the correct permalink. To me, permalinks should NOT appear at the bottom of a post in the form of the time posted on a given date. This is what we're seeing across the blogger blogs, and I find it rather dull. This might demonstrate the level of excitement I have in my life; or the type of personality I have; I am excited by discovering solutions to problems and managed to do so in the instance of this coding dilemna I found myself in when I chose this template.

The code for this blog was found at blogskins, and the css was written by damien, but it has a glitch in the clickable post code.

I corrected it here after reading blogfresh and putting this together with the h2 references.

For those who use this skin and haven't been able to figure out why your permalinks look like this:

http://liedetector10-31.blogspot.com/http://liedetector10-31.blogspot.com/2006/11/each-of-us-have-story.html

There are two pieces of code here. The first will get you the permalink that you're looking for, but you've lost the coloring that goes with the blog.



The second piece of code includes the h2 tag, which will then get you the correct permalink for the post, in addition to the right colors that go with the blog design.

speak or shut up at 3:52 PM
0 people took that same cross-town bus

- 10-31 -

  • the stalker the liar passenger to hell going round but not getting anywhere Since 1956.xxxx Joe Cafasso liar fraud poser fake
  • LINK01 LINK02 LINK03 LINK04

my wants

  • the truth
  • to be there when I witness
  • karma

remembered